Thursday, July 19, 2012

Teenager's Plan to Turn Plastic Waste Into Biofuel

Egyptian teenagers are on a roll lately – if they’re not proposing the next-generation of space propulsion systems, then they’re figuring out how to use the country’s plastic waste for fuel! Sixteen-year-old Azza Abdel Hamid Falad has found that an inexpensive catalyst could be used to create $78 million worth of biofuel each year. Egypt’s plastic consumption is estimated to total one million tons per year, so Azza’s proposal could transform the country’s economy, allowing it to make money from recycled plastic.
More from Inhabitat

2 comments:

  1. When the line is repaired and I turn on the main gas line what do I need to do?. My furnace and stove and dryer are electronic ignition but I do have a pilot light on my water heater..
    Central heating repairs melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:18 PM

    Hey there. Sorry to hassle you but I happened to run across your blog website
    and discovered you are using the exact same theme as me.
    The only issue is on my website, I'm battling to get the page layout looking like yours. Would you mind emailing me at: louie.mintz@gmail.com so I can get this figured out. By the way I have bookmarked your web site: http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=20021483&postID=8466867672045325095 and will be visiting frequently. Thanks alot :)!

    Feel free to visit my web blog; electronic component suppliers md

    ReplyDelete