Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Growing Evidence of Connecticut Cougar Migration


The cougar, also known as puma, mountain lion, mountain cat, catamount or panther, depending on the region, is a mammal native to the Americas. This large, solitary cat has the greatest range of any large wild terrestrial mammal in the Western Hemisphere, extending from Yukon in Canada to the southern Andes. An adaptable species, the cougar is found in every major American habitat type. Although large, the cougar is closer genetically to the domestic cat than to true lions.

Numerous reports of sightings of the animal in suburban Connecticut, had beed dismissed by conservation officers as unlikely, since the species had long since been thought to be extinct in the eastern U.S. On June 11, the rumors were confirmed with news of the lions demise -- hit by a car on a highway near Greenwich. Treehugger.com just reported that DNA tests matched those of his nearest relatives from South Dakpta suggesting that the mountain lion had somehow managed to prowl through at least six states covering 1800 miles of midwestern farms, highways, and wilderness without being spotted.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:11 PM

    I have just recently got the family a trailer tent and
    the youngsters really like it. Camping out has never
    been such excitement!
    Here is my web site http://www.trailertentguide.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:26 PM

    I saw this post, bookmarked it, and saved it for before
    bed. I read it and enjoyed it. It was a perfect way to
    end to a stressful day. Thank you.

    Then something odd happened. When I fell asleep I had the strangest dream.


    In my dream I was still in bed, reading your blog, when
    I heard some noise coming fron downstairs. Laughter,
    music, bottles clinking. Like there was a party going on or something.
    When I went downstairs in my sweat pants and a t-shirt there was
    a bunch of young guys in their early 20s and a bunch of older women in
    their 40s, 50s and 60s. Good looking and well dressed.
    It was like a cougar dating website party or something.
    When they saw me the music and frivolity stopped. I felt somewhat embarassed until I realized it was my house so I asked who they were
    and why they were having a party in my living
    room.

    Then the crowd parted and out walked a frog wearing a
    crown and purple robe, carrying a scepter. Like he was the king of the
    frogs.

    We all stood there for what seemed like a eternity waiting for it to speak ...
    and then it finally it opened up its little froggy mouth and ...


    Then I woke up.

    Thats it. No more Thai leftover before bed. Unless it wasnt the food but your blog that was the cause.
    Just kidding ; )

    ReplyDelete